Children & Youth Work
For each child to know Jesus and make him known, to grow and respond to the Holy Spirit, and to fulfil the call and destiny of God upon their lives.
Children are close to God’s heart and central to his purposes, because the kingdom of God belongs to them. We encourage children to come to Jesus and do not wish to hinder them in any way (Matthew 19:14).
- The church as a whole supports parents in expressing the love of Jesus Christ in word and life to the children.
- We aim to provide groups for children of all ages in a safe, happy environment where they can be given relevant biblical teaching under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
- We seek to pray for each child regularly and to provide them with an atmosphere where they grow in the love of God and in love for one another.
Significant adults can set a good example and encourage a child in their faith. Parents are best able to do this. What is done in Sunday morning classes is intended to support what happens in the home. Therefore, we encourage you, as parents to continue to,
- Talk to your child about faith in Jesus and your own relationship with him.
- Pray with your child every day and read the Bible together.
Youth Work – the 12:2s
We have a full and lively youth work, led by a team of youth workers. The youth work is called the 12:2s, and is named after Romans 12.2 which reads, “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
Every Sunday morning, the 12:2s stay in the meeting until around 11am, then either have their own relevant programme, or stay in the main meeting for teaching there. They have a bi-weekly discipleship programme at a youth leader’s house which includes getting to know God’s Word, each other and praying. Plus hanging out together! There is a strong focus on discipleship, teaching and supported involvement in church life.
Primary Aged Children – Promiseland
Our Primary aged children are well catered for, with our Promiseland Program – lead by Hannah Chamings, children stay in the service till around 11 am when they leave for their own groups to enjoy worship, Bible stories, craft and games together.
Children under the age of 3 are catered for by our Creche Team who will look after your little one whilst you enjoy some peace and quiet in the service.
We are registered with the Churches Child Protection Advisory Service , and all our workers are checked with the Disclosure & Barring Service. For further information, please ask to see: City Community Church, Exeter – Child Protection Policy .