Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations” Matthew 28:18-19
Our Aim as a Church
- to support our Mission Partners (MPs) – those from CCC who are living abroad – as they share with others God’s love and the good news of Jesus.
- to strengthen our ties with Mission Partners (MPs) and encourage them through prayer, giving and going.
- to learn from what God is teaching believers in other parts of the world.
Role of Mission in Action (MIA) Coordinator
- to oversee CCC’s mission work overseas.
- to communicate with and be accountable to CCC leadership team.
- to appoint link people (LP) for CCC members who are serving God overseas.
- to convene MIA group – comprised of link people (LPs), Overseas Prayer Group coordinator, and a representative of CCC leadership team – by arranging termly get-togethers for encouragement, co-ordinating MP-support strategies, and organising rota for Missionary of the Month (MoM) see below.
- to ensure Overseas Prayer Group is encouraged and supported.
- to present a worldview focus to the CCC family e.g. produce a photo sheet of MPs available to congregation, and posted on welcome display board, provide information for CCC website.
- to encourage prayer and support for MPs e.g. for small groups/PDAs/children’s groups to ‘adopt an MP’ for prayer, writing letters, birthday gifts, cards etc.
- to present financial needs of MP and assist in annual review of giving within budget set by leaders /guardians /trustees. Publicise annually via newssheet.
- to develop overseas ministry in CCC e.g. arrange trips for individuals/teams to visit MPs; encourage young CCC members to consider spending time (e.g. in a gap year) with overseas mission; help prepare those who plan to work with overseas mission, short or long term.
Role of Link Person (LP)
- to care for their MP and facilitate good communication between them and CCC, by keeping in regular contact and up-to-date with their news through e.g. email, phone calls, cards, visiting.
- to feedback any specific prayer requests or new situations to CCC as appropriate.
- to champion their MP’s cause by pro-actively bringing their ministry to the attention of CCC for support, prayer, engagement and encouragement.
- to be available to encourage mission generally within CCC and assist MIA coordinator and group however appropriate.
- to take part on MoM rota and lead a prayer time (5mins?) for their MP during a Sunday meeting.
- to help coordinate MP’s visits back in the UK, particularly time spent with CCC. e.g. hosting or organizing a lunch or tea for MP and interested CCC members.
- to have details of others (g. family, sending organisation) who might need to be contacted in an emergency.
- to help MP prepare for their return abroad.
- to have details of others (e.g. family, sending organisation) who might need to be contacted in an emergency.
 Also to include those working with Friends International in Exeter